- are you spending too much. spend less. (You think?)
- remove all but one credit card from your wallet. (okay, I'll give 'em that one)
- go get happy about something (Are you kidding?)
- make sure everything you buy is returnable. (okay, that does it!)
Not only are women looking for real financial solutions, they face a REAL problem and the solutions in Real Simple magazine are almost laughable. Sure, you can cut down on the Starbuck's and return that impulse buy, but here are some REAL facts that you also need to know to increase your financial confidence.
- 76% of women are eventually widowed
- 80% of these women were not poor when their husbands were alive.
- 70% of the USs elderly poor people are women
- The savings rate of a single woman is 1.5% vs 2.1% for single men
- In the first year after a divorce a woman's standard of living drops an average of 73%.