Monday, March 31, 2008

Do you overthink your confidence?

Look what I found on one of my favorite horse blogs: http://www.leadchanges.blogspot.com/ . Horses are my personal therapy and help to keep me confident. After all if you are not confident on the back of a horse, they can smell fear and will likely run you under a tree!

"Heard this joke today: Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are going camping. They pitch their tent under the stars and go to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night, Holmes wakes Watson up: "Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me what you see." Watson says, "I see millions of stars and even if a few of those have planets, it's quite likely there are some planets like Earth, and if there are a few planets like Earth out there, there might also be life." Holmes replied: "Watson, you idiot, somebody stole our tent." I like this joke because it pokes fun at how we can overthink things instead of stating the obvious and dealing with the "now".

How many times do we over think whether an event is for us, a piece of advice is just right, where we are in life, how we can fix our confidence and self esteem or what is wrong with our relationships? Not all in life is complicated, but a lack of confidence in your ability to make a decision will sure slow down how quickly the great things in life arrive at your door!

No comments: