Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year and all that jazz!

So far this year, and it's only the 3rd day, I have heard much of the same thing from many women. So, I did a little experiment. When I asked women how their New Year was going so far, 45% of them said:
"Well, I've put on a few holiday pounds, that's for sure!"
and 55% of them said:
"You know, I didn't get half the stuff done that I had planned to do!"

Yikes, why do we do that to ourselves? Whether you have put on a few pounds from the ever abundant flow of candy and cakes this holiday season or you didn't conquer the avalanche list of things to do, it's all okay. Look at it this way. You woke up, it is likely a beautiful day where you are, and you have yet another year to look forward to. Starting the day eroding your confidence by saying what all you don't like is not a good confidence builder. Focus on the things you are glad about and maybe even grateful for. Besides, the pounds you can address (See our next conference date on the bottom left of this blog!) and the things to do will be there another day!

You deserve a high five today, so give yourself one!
Stay Contagious!

No comments: