Monday, November 26, 2007

Even perfect women need confidence

I bumped into a woman today who gave me a compliment on my shoes. She continued to go on and say that I looked very put together and I began to predict that I was going to be asked to sell Mary Kay. (not a bad thing mind you... just an approach I had seen done this way - :)

She went on to introduce herself and ask what I did for a living. When I mentioned to her that I conducted and designed customized corporate training and also provided confidence building women's seminars, she looked at me and said "of course you have confidence.. .look at you. How could you not be confident." I had to smile and then said "hold on chickee... beauty and perfection are in the eye of the beholder. I know size two women who feel fat and gorgeous models who don't like where they are in life, as well as powerhouse corporate women who are harboring a lot of guilt over family life." Perfect has persepctive and confidence comes from how accurate your perspective is. Even perceived to be perfect women need confidence.

No comments: