Sunday, September 27, 2009

Could you use a little less guilt, a little more time a lot less stress

It's true, we could all use a little less guilt, a little more time a lot less stress! Right?

Here are some key factors that will help:
1. Stop whining and take ACTION now!
  • I have been whining about feeling out of shape for years, but also complaining about having no time to exercise. I was creating guilt for myself and two days ago, said WHO NEEDS THAT and went out to start running. I can't quite run a whole mile yet, but determination will prevail and I feel like I can leap tall buildings when I'm done. Two days in and the guilt is exponentially less!

2. Recognize that you CAN do it all, IF you know what ALL that is.

Decide WHAT you WANT before you start saying you can't have it all categorically. The WHAT is doable and once you figure that out, you merely have to make a priority list of when you want it. Now, if you want it all at once, like right now, well then, that's a whole different blog, confernece, seminar, and discussion. We'll cover prioritizing at the next conference. Check it out: www.contagiousconferences.com

3. Get Seriously Focused on the things you don't like

They, whoever THEY are, say that what you focus on gets traction and gets bigger. Well, I'm going to turn that around a bit. If you ignore what you don't like about you and just let the guilt build up about it without taking a clear examination of how to change it, then it will also get bigger. You have to look at reality and then decide what to change and when to change it. How about... yep, maybe, perhaps... like NOW. :) Or maybe that's just me.

No comments: